Affirmations – Do They Work?
Lets start by looking at thoughts. Thoughts are an idea or opinion produced by thinking, or occurring suddenly in your mind, you could call them a ‘thing’ happening in your brain at any one time.
If we say thoughts are things, then affirmations work to improve or enhance things in your life. It doesn’t matter what you are looking to improve, your love life, work life or spiritual connection there are
If thoughts are things, then affirmations work to improve the things in your life! Whether you need to change the success of your love life, your work life or your spiritual connection, there an affirmation that is just perfect for anything that you would like to improve.
So How Affirmations Work?
Affirmations are a used to focus on certain things in your life that you can control and improve through attracting positivity to you.
You need to try focus on thoughts of intention. This will help to motivate you to get out there and do it, as well as gaining confidence and giving you self belief that you can do so much more than you give yourself credit for. Which will mean that when you think you can do something, you will. (Affirmations help your mind to accept the things you want.)
On thing to keep in mind is affirmations don’t produce miracles. You need to make the changes in life that go along with them. For example if you keep telling yourself “I’m healthy and slim” while eating a box of doughnuts, you wont see any results. You need to give the affirmations they help they need to succeed.
Zone in on the areas of change you want to see. Doing this helps to layout the map for for what you will and can do. Take steps along the way and hold yourself accountable for these. Feel what that step will create in you. Love, acceptance; feeling thin, being thin; feeling rich and therefore becoming rich!
Below are a few amazing affirmations you can use for any aspect of life:
Health and Wellness
- “I feel youthful, alive and free of the discomfort that aging can bring. As I wake up every morning feeling refreshed, I embrace myself in every way possible!”
- “I am strong and fit, and I love the way that exercising makes me feel.”
“My body responds best when I eat wholesome foods—and it makes me feel confident that I don’t need junk food in my life anymore.”
- “I am in charge of my body—I no longer depend on fad diets or gimmicky processed foods to ease my stress. I nurture myself in a healthy way, now and always.”
Your Love Life
- “Love is all around me. I carry love with me wherever I go, and it surrounds me.”
- “I am never alone, and I am never lonely. Everything I need is within me.”
- “I am grateful for the love that comes into my life, and effortlessly so.”
- “Everything I want in a partner is available to me.”
Your Work Life
- “I have complete calmness and clarity about my career, and I know the steps I need to take to get there.”
- “My boss and I understand one another and have a pleasant communication style. My co-workers and I bond together and work peacefully, and as we do, we all benefit.”
- “I create my own perfect career with an honorable work ethic, my natural-born talents and skills, and the initiative I have to do what I love—which all shows through to my boss and CEO.”
- “Each and every day, my career and opportunities for advancement continue to grow, and I accept them and invite them into my life.”
Things to remember
Find a use affirmations that relate to you personally. Use them transform negative thoughts, improve your happiness, and find a healthy way to overcome addiction, challenges, and adversity.
Repeat each affirmation twice a day. Once in the morning and once just before bed time. They do work! You should start to see an improvement in your life almost immediately.